Our Healthwatch Southwark team are looking for an organised, proactive person with experience of managing grant programmes, who can communicate effectively and collaborate with diverse local organisations.
As part of Community Southwark, we are recruiting an individual to manage a six-month programme of small grants and projects with the local voluntary and community sector, aiming to support diverse people to follow health guidance and stay safe during the pandemic. They will liaise closely with the Council and its Public Health team to share messages and to listen to and share feedback from the community.
We are looking for an organised, proactive person with experience of managing grant programmes, who can communicate effectively and collaborate with diverse local organisations and individuals.
The person will be part of a friendly and supportive team at Community Southwark, well-embedded in the local community through our work with a huge range of organisations. The organisation offers flexible working arrangements, generous annual leave (30 days per year plus bank holidays) and other benefits such as 5% employer pension contribution and tax free bike scheme.
- Responsible to: Healthwatch Southwark Manager
- Contract: 6 months (until 31 March 2021), 35 hours per week
- Salary: £14,385.50 (equivalent to £28,771 per annum)
- Location: 1 Addington Square, Camberwell, London, SE5 0HF. Some travel will be required. However, please note: This post may need to work from home following Covid-19 guidelines. Meetings may be held online, and travel may be limited to essential only.
Before applying, please be sure that you have the existing right to work in the UK.
How to apply?
Please send your CV, a cover letter and your completed Equal Opportunities form (below) to email@example.com. Your cover letter should be a maximum of around 2 sides and should set out clearly how you meet each requirement of the person specification (included in the recruitment pack) in turn.
We are committed to ensuring our recruitment procedure is free from risks of unconscious bias. We therefore kindly ask you to remove your name and any indication of your gender, ethnicity or other personal information from both your CV and Cover Letter, that's not related to your work experience or skill set. Ensure that your full name and contact details are included in your email instead.
- Closing date: end of 31 August 2020
- Interviews: 4 September, online
- Preferred start date: 1 October